And Miss Ruby LOVES to play in the snow. She would stay out for hours if we allowed it I think! Even with the temps below 10 degrees she sits in front of the door waiting to go out. She also sits and looks out all of the windows for any type of wildlife... I think rabbits are her favorite, but she has also been fixing on all sorts of birds that are out flitting about.
We also discovered she is a fence climber/jumper. She has the most unique style of getting where she wants to go. She will jump to the top of the chain link fence, and balance there for a bit, before jumping down on the other side. We watch her, and will call her as soon as we see her go... and she will come right back over. Needless to say, we are trying to keep a closer eye on her, and she doesn't get to go out unsupervised anymore. Come spring we will have to put in some type of underground fencing to put an end to the tricks I think.
Wednesday we are going to the vet with our young pointer for her check up and Ruby will be going along so that we can check her weight and show everyone how nice she looks!
The day of her next treatment is fast approaching (Feb 1) and I am sure that will tire her out for awhile again. All in all though, she has done very well, and continues to make progress. We have seen no return of her cough, and her weight seems to be stable. She was looking a little ribby this last weekend, but I think she is burning extra calories running in all the snow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment