Today we started the treatment using Heartgard... I will admit that even knowing that it was her only chance, I was more than a little terrified!
She has done very well today... she is either in her crate or on her leash attached to one of us... which Ruby isn't so fond of. Night will be easier on her, since she is used to resting after about 8pm anyway. The midafternoon seems to be the hardest.
She has taken very well to the treatment with doxycyline, and we can only go by the information that we found that her reactions to the heartgard treatment will be less stressful on her because of the doxy treatment. She did seem to have an ever increasing energy level, and her cough was almost non existant after about 5 days on the doxy. I suppose it could have been coincidence.
Thusfar her appetite remains the same, if not increased. She looks like she has gained more weight even since Friday- that could be our wishful thinking too!
Back to the couch for some cuddle time!
No comments:
Post a Comment